oz uncooked multigrain penne pasta (about 3 cups)
cup diced English (seedless) cucumber
cup chopped fresh mint leaves
cup plain low-fat yogurt
cup low-fat mayonnaise
cup thinly sliced red onion, rinsed with cold water and drained
cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
cans (4.5 oz each) oil-packed tuna, drained
cups shredded romaine lettuce
Cook pasta as directed on package, omitting salt and oil. Drain; rinse with cold water. Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat cucumber, mint, yogurt, mayonnaise and salt with whisk.
Add pasta, and stir until well coated with dressing. Stir in all remaining ingredients except lettuce. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
Stir in lettuce, and serve.
- For a yummy vegetarian version, replace the tuna with feta cheese.
- Swap half a pound of cooked baby shrimp for the tuna for a fun change.
- Raw onions are wonderful in salads, but sometimes they can be too pungent. Rinsing the cut onion with cold water will remove some of the pungency.
- If the salad loses a bit of creaminess, stir in a little low-fat milk.
Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories from Fat
% Daily Value
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Trans Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
1 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 0 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
More About This Recipe
- Say hello to a fresh, healthy twist on a classic favorite.